It is sometimes necessary to remind readers about the fundamentals that Aravot Daily operates in accordance with. Therefore, we present the professional and ethical rules that the newspaper’s journalists voluntarily follow.
1. The journalists at Aravot strictly separate news from commentary. They do not include their own judgments and emotions in news articles or programs.
2. The journalists at Aravot aim to uphold the correctness and versatility of the articles, and use every possibility to confirm information from at least two sources. The person or organization about whom negative opinions have been voiced in an article has the opportunity to give an explanation to Aravot in the same article or in a separate one that would be published in the following days.
3. The journalists at Aravot refrain from insults, evaluations, and labels when making commentary.
4. Aravot does not represent the views of any political group. Aravot is unbiased towards all political representatives and will publish all representatives’ views if they do not include insults towards any individual. Aravot’s journalists and editor aim to balance perspectives through getting the opinion of the opposition as well.
5. The commentary issued on the first page is the author’s opinion. This does not represent the views of the newspaper and it does not have any impact on the views of the remaining articles.
6. The journalists at Aravot refrain from arguing with other mass media outlets. Other mass media outlets or journalists are not criticized in the newspaper, nor does Aravot respond to criticism from other mass media outlets or journalists.
7. The journalists at Aravot respect the wishes of interviewees for their names to remain anonymous, for the sources of their information to remain private, or for the information mentioned during a private interview to remain private.
8. The journalists at Aravot do not publish information about the personal lives of individuals, unless it has some connection to officials’ profits and corruption.
ARAM ABRAHAMYAN, VOLODYA PETROSYAN, ANNA ISRAYELYAN, NELLY GRIGORYAN, LUSINE BUDAGHYAN, NELLY BABAYAN, RUZAN MINASYAN, GOHAR HAKOBYAN, MELANYA BARSEGHYAN, ASHOT HAKOBYAN, HRIPSIME JEBEJYAN, ARMEN SHEKOYAN, AMI CHICHAKYAN, LUIZA SUKIASYAN.
Aravot Daily’s part-time journalists have also agreed to comply with the aforementioned fundamentals.